Docs & FAQ
Want to get started?
- Read the 5-minute guide
With multiple paragraph
The 5-Minute Overview
Sparkboard is a tool for growing communities via small teams. We assume that most personal and professional growth occurs in small teams, and modern work is, by nature, interdisciplinary. Sparkboard is designed to help your community form small teams of the right skill mix to achieve goals.
Teams in Sparkboard are encouraged to help each other and share progress with the group. Each team gets a project page to highlight their work, and ask for help. As an organizer, you get a bird's-eye view of the action so that you can jump in and help your community grow intelligently.
An optional public mode gives teams a public profile. Teams can ask for help from the public (particularly useful for recruiting) and your community will have a new means of attracting new members.
- Allow anyone to create a project, or restrict new projects to moderators only.
- Require new projects to be approved before going live.
- Use dynamic tags to visually distinguish and filter projects by whatever criteria you desire.
- Define the fields that users must fill in on new projects.
- Display projects publicly (to the world) on a showcase page, or keep everything private to members of the community.
- Contact users - individually, by group, by event, by tag, by community, or by any other means of filtering that exists in our user management table.
- Invite users by email individually, or by uploading a CSV file containing a list of names and email addresses.
- Prevent new users from interacting with the site until they are approved by moderators.
- Charge a monthly or yearly access fee to users.
- Define the default tags that users choose from when they sign up for your community. We recommend keeping these tags basic (ideally, only 3-7 tags) and encourage the use of profile fields to add more detailed information.
- Enable community-wide chat - a passive feed in which users can @mention other users or projects to have public conversations.
- Enable user-to-user messaging, with restrictions to limit abuse.